Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kindness and Edification

Life has touching moments. A child scrapes his knee, and his mom comforts him with kisses and kind words. A young lady sobs at night, her father strokes her forehead. A young man stares in disillusionment, stunned by realizing he has failed in school. He is so saddened. He is deeply discouraged.

There was a time early in my Christian life when I realized Jesus Christ cared for me. I was sitting in a church listening to the pastor preach. I cannot put my finger on it, but I could see Christ caring for me. 

The Scripture teaches He is our High Priest in Hebrews 5:2-3. The two essential points about any high priest are human sympathy (Hebrews 5:1-3) and divine appointment (Hebrews 5:4).
Of course, if God loves us, then He must in human terms come to us, be with us, and care for us in our pain and sadness. A man cannot take this calling upon himself out of need or human sentiment. God must call him for this purpose. Christ was called and walked with His Father for this very purpose: to identify with us in hunger, sadness, pain, loneliness, and deep discouragement. He has been touched with the feelings of our infirmities.

Collapse into His care - He is with you. He will comfort you and help you. He knows and He cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment